Friday, June 5, 2020

Friday Fanfic

Buffy the Dragon Slayer

(An obvious continuation of last week's story.)

Chapter Seven-Beta

"Who are you?" asked Laurel of the short-haired blonde woman who was sitting near the back of the dining room, a woman who was obviously older than anyone else in the room save Sir Roderick.

"My name is Magdalena Walsh," said the woman. "I am a wizard."

"Like that Hermione girl who graduated from Hogwarts?" asked Laurel.

"Don't me get started on that place," said Walsh. "I went to a real wizard's academy. That place is almost as overrated as the Miskatonic Brotherhood. Anyway, I may have a solution for your dragonslayer's dilemma: send my dragon slayer in in her place."

"You have a dragon slayer?" asked Sir Roderick.

"Yes, I do," said Magdalena. "But before I let you use him, I'm gonna need immunity from the Watchers Council."

"Why would she need immunity from the Watchers Council?" asked Laurel.

"Because wizards and watchers do not always get along," said Sir Roderick. "And some wizards have been known to abuse their powers at the expense of many an innocent."

"So you say, Sir Roderick," said Magdalena. "The same things can be said about watchers."

"Well, the actions of the late Tomas Riddle didn't exactly reflect well on your chosen profession," said Sir Roderick. "Especially since he was alleged to have graduated from the same academy that you attended, Mistress Walsh."

"So you've heard of me," said Walsh. "Granted, Misanegra U doesn't have the same rep as Hogwarts but its graduates have a reputation for getting the job done. And that's what you need right now. Not some hysterical little blonde bawling her eyes out because she doesn't want to die, but a mature, seasoned wizard who has the good sense to bring a genuinely fireproof dragon slayer to a region known to be plagued with dragons."

"Wait!" said Laurel. "Such an entity actually exists? Where is he?"

"Wait just a moment," said Magdalena, "and I'll show him to you."

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment