Friday, May 29, 2020

Friday Fanfic

Buffy the Dragon Slayer

(An obvious continuation of last week's story.)

Chapter Six

"Oh my God!" exclaimed Buffy. "I'm gonna have to fight a dragon."

"Of course you're going to have to fight a dragon," said Laurel. "You knew that all along."

"No, you don't understand," said Buffy. "I'm going to have to fight a dragon right now. In the rain. Without my magic lotion."

Laurel replied, "Well, perhaps if we dab on the magic lotion extra thick and you kill the dragon in a hurry..."

"You can't kill a dragon in a hurry," said Buffy. "I've tried. Killing a dragon is a long and exhausting process. And I'll be doing so with half my protection washed away and doing so with a giant fire-breathing reptile that need only breathe on me to turn me to ashes. Oh my God, Laurel! What am I supposed to do?"

"Be brave, Buffy," said Laurel, trying hard to sound supportive.

"No, you be brave, Laurel," said Buffy. "Better yet you kill the dragon. I'll wait right here till you get back."

"Buffy," said Sir Roderick, "all this barking at Laurel isn't being particularly helpful. Someone in this village has to fight this dragon or else many, many people here are going to die. And unfortunately, you're the best qualified of the three of us to do so."

"But I can't help anyone if I'm in flames," said Buffy. "Please don't make me go out there. Please!"

"I would love to be able to comply with your request, Buffy," said Sir Roderick. "After all, I don't want you to die either. But my duty requires me to make you do your duty."

"Perhaps I can help," said a soft voice from the back of the dining room.

To be continued...

From whom does Buffy get help?

A. A witch?

B. A wizard?

C. A vampire?

No comments:

Post a Comment