Friday, June 12, 2020

Friday Fanfic

Buffy the Dragon Slayer

(An obvious continuation of last week's story.)

Chapter Eight-Beta

Magdalena immediately left the room and came back in the company of a large man who appeared to be entirely made out of metal.

"Oh, I see," said Laurel. "It's a golem."

"No, it's not," said Magdalena. "It's a -- well, it doesn't matter what it is. It's the first of its kind and it kills dragons."

"How do you know that?"asked Sir Roderick.

"Because I've tested it," said Magdalena. "His name is Talos and I've used him to kill many a dragon during the past year."

"Wow!" said Laurel. "No wonder they seem to be scarcer this year than they used to be."

"So that's the thing that's going to go out there in my place?" asked Buffy, still bristling at Miss Walsh's crack about hysterical little blondes.

"Yes, it is," said Magdalena. "You have officially been replaced now, Buffy. I hope you have enough for an early retirement."

"Well, that all sounds very nice," said Sir Roderick, "but we have yet to see him actually fight a dragon. Yes, I'm quite sure you'd be willing to vouch for him but right now we need to see him in action."

"Do I get my immunity?" asked Magdalena.

"If this creation of yours works, yes," said Sir Roderick.

"Very well then," said Magdalena. "Let's take him outside."

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment