Friday, July 24, 2020

Friday Fanfic

Buffy the Dragon Slayer

(An obvious continuation of last week's story)

Chapter Fourteen-Beta

The minute Buffy saw the flames on Lady Isabel's hands, she cried, "Laurel! Go upstairs and fetch me my weapons."

"But, Buffy..." said Laurel.

"Do it -- now!" cried Buffy.

Laurel shrugged and ran upstairs. As she did, Buffy breathed a sigh of relief. Not that she believed that Laurel was likely to return in time to be of any help but at least for now she was out of harm's way.

Speaking of which...

"Lady Isabel," said Buffy. "Surely there's a way to settle this."

"I'm sure there is," said Lady Isabel. "But I gave them their opportunity to do that and they just laughed in my face. So now I'm forced to do things the hard way."

"Oh, no, you don't, you freak," said Querida.

Buffy saw Querida start to squeeze the trigger on her crossbow and instantly grabbed her arm so that the crossbow bolt was fired over Lady Isabel's head.

"Geez, Querida," said Buffy. "Are you trying to commit suicide?"

"You idiot," said Querida. "That was my big chance."

"Well, here's another," said Buffy.

And with that, she knocked Querida unconscious with her fist.

Buffy started to say, "I hated to do that but I had to --"

Then she broke off when she noticed Sir Reilly staring at her. And then aiming the Meggido glove in her direction.

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment