Friday, July 3, 2020

Friday Fanfic

Buffy the Dragon Slayer

(An obvious continuation of last week's story)

Chapter Eleven-Gamma

Messalina was leading Buffy into a back room of the inn so that she could get undressed when her boyfriend Stake pulled her aside.

"Listen, Mess," he said, "you know I usually have your back on all things but if things go pear-shaped with this Slayer business, the Watchers Council is going to come after us with everything they've got."

"Let them try," said Messalina. "They've come after us before -- and they've never caught us."

"But this is serious," said Stake. "It's one thing to expect them to write off Niccola Wood as an unfortunate coincidence. But if the same thing happens to this Buffy..."

"Relax, darling," said Messalina. "I know what I'm doing. Besides, this Slayer is actually different than the late Miss Wood. I can tell just by talking to her. And I'm learning a lot of interesting stuff from this one too. I never expected that to happen."

"Wait!" exclaimed Stake. "Are you telling me, Mess, that after years of anti-Slayer rhetoric, you're actually beginning to empathize with a Slayer?"

At this point, Messalina's eyes went vacant.

Then she said, "No, that's not it."

xxx

"So this dragon slayer is actually collaborating with vampires?" asked the dark-haired woman known as Faith as she walked down the street toward the inn called the Violet Moon.

"As far as we can tell," said Sister Lilith, wondering why the rain seemed to bother Faith far less than it bothered her. "At least that's what our sources say."

"Why would she do something like that?" asked Faith as she loaded the two crossbows that she wore on her arms. "Doesn't she know how evil vampires can -- Oh, it doesn't matter. The fact is that she chose to go over to the other side and it's my duty to punish her for doing so."

"You think you can take her?" asked Brother Linden.

"I can take any human," said Faith. "I'm a poison damsel, remember? If I can't hit her with my crossbows, I have merely to touch her or breathe on her and she'll be a dead woman."

"You know the Watchers Council won't be happy with you if you succeed in this," said Sister Lilith.

"So what?" said Faith. "I'm not happy with them. Besides, I don't work for them; I work for my father the mayor. And if he hadn't asked me to do this thing for you two, I wouldn't even be here."

At this point, Faith stopped to glance at the giant two-legged dragon in the town square.

Then she shrugged and turned back toward the Violet Moon.

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment