Friday, July 31, 2020

Friday Fanfic

Buffy the Dragon Slayer

(An obvious continuation of last week's story)

Chapter Fifteen-Alpha

Laurel glanced at Tierra and asked, "You're a witch?"

"Yes," said Tierra.

"Why didn't you tell me?" asked Laurel.

"What?" asked Tierra. "Me? Confess to being a witch? To a representative of the same Watchers Council that executed Jamie's mother? Are you crazy? More importantly, do you think I'm crazy?"

"Well, you saved Jamie so I'm grateful for that," said Laurel. "And don't worry. I'll keep your secret. Of course, if I had known that Jamie was your girlfriend --"

"She's not my girlfriend, Laurel," said Tierra. "That's just an expression."

"Oh," said Laurel.

"Come on, Tierra," said Jamie, brushing the dust off her dress. "Let's go inside and get you fully dressed before you catch your death."

"Well, if I had stopped to get fully dressed before I came out here," said Tierra, "I would not have had time to cast the protection spell that saved your life, Jamie."

"And I'm grateful for that, but still," said Jamie.

xxx

Meanwhile, down the street, Erasmus Rayne and Brother Linden were observing the women outside the Violet Moon.

"So we apparently have two witches to get rid of," said Brother Linden. "I suppose we might as well get rid of the redhead too while we're at it."

"All in good time," said Erasmus. "All in good time."

xxx

"So how long does it take to get out of these woods?" asked Buffy. "I could swear we passed the same tree three times in a row."

"We'll get there," said the mysterious damsel who called herself Eve as she swung from branch to branch. "We just have to keep going in our present direction."

"And what's with all the stuff that comes out of those things on your wrists?" asked Buffy. "If I didn't know better, I'd say it was spider webbing."

"It is spider webbing," said Eve.

"Don't be silly," said Buffy. "You're human. How could you be producing spider webbing?"

"Easy," said Eve. "When I was living in London, I got bit by a witch-cursed spider."

"A witch-cursed spider?" asked Buffy.

"Yes," said Eve. "And it transformed me into the being that I am today: the Amazing Spider-Eve."

"Spider-Eve?" asked Buffy.

"Well, I could use my last name and call myself Spider-Vi but Spider-Eve sounds better to my ears," said Eve.

"Why not call yourself Spider-Girl?" asked Buffy.

"Well, that would be silly," said Eve. "Plus, um, I didn't think of it."

"Well, Spider-Eve, what made you come here from London?" asked Buffy.

"My master died," said Eve.

"Your master?" asked Buffy. "You were a slave?"

"No," said Eve. "A servant. My master rescued me from a group of corrupt high sheriffs and let me stay at his residence rent-free."

"Sounds like a nice man," said Buffy.

"Oh, he was," said Eve. "They say a lot of bad things about Master A but that's because they never knew him like I did."

"Master A?" asked Buffy.

"A for Anarchy," said Eve. "He was the man who helped take down Baron Alan Susan when he tried to take over the government."

"I'm not sure I've heard of him, but then I've been on the road a lot and I don't always have time to follow local politics," said Buffy.

"Oh, you would have heard of Master A," said Eve. "He scared the bejibbers out of a lot of people. Usually nogoodniks like the Dark Brotherhood of Rossum and the Dark Brotherhood of the Wolf, the Ram and the Stag. Plus private individuals like Baron William Fisk and that doctor from Latveria who fancies himself a philosopher-king."

"So what made you come here?" asked Buffy.

"I got tired of the city and for some reason, it seemed more fitting for me to come here and play the part of a jungle girl than to go anywhere else," said Eve.

"But this isn't really a jungle," said Buffy.

"It's close enough," said Eve.

"Still..." said Buffy.

Buffy started to say more but she found herself covered in some type of white webbing. She managed to get out of it but then another strand was sprayed right at her.

Buffy hurriedly flew away and turned toward Eve.

"Hey, what's with all the webbing?" asked Buffy. "I didn't do anything to you."

"Oh, it's not me doing it," said Eve. "It's two giant caterpillars down there on the forest floor. Apparently they don't like dragons."

"Well, they need to stop doing it," said Buffy. "After all, if I wasn't so small and fast, I'd be in big trouble."

And then Buffy paused a moment and got an idea.

Now I know how I'm going to defeat the big dragon, she thought.

Then Buffy turned again to Eve. "Oh, Eve..." she said.

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment