Friday, August 7, 2020

Friday Fanfic

Buffy the Dragon Slayer

(An obvious continuation of last week's story)

Chapter Sixteen-Beta

This is starting to get old, thought Buffy as she once again raced across the room to keep Reilly from using the Meggido glove on someone.

However, this time she was too late.The brunette herself grabbed hold of Reilly's arm and redirected the glove in a harmless direction, all the while grasping the arm in a way that looked downright painful even by a dragon slayer's jaded standards. Then the brunette grabbed hold of Reilly's neck and twisted it with a sudden motion that made such a loud cracking sound that it was no great shock to see Reilly slump to the ground the minute the brunette let go.

"You killed him!" cried Buffy.

"Of course I did," said the brunette. "I have orders to kill anyone who tries to kill me. And so does Mina."

"Who's Mina?" asked Buffy.

The brunette pointed to the blonde in the white dress. "That's Mina. Now you can answer a question for me: which one of you is the real Dragon Slayer?"

Fae pointed in Buffy's direction and eagerly cried, "She is!"

"I thought as much," said the brunette. And with that, she struck Fae in the stomach so hard that she instantly collapsed.

Buffy just stood there with her mouth open. "I don't get it," she finally said. "I'm the real dragon slayer. So why did you hit her?"

"Oh, I didn't hit her, silly," said the brunette. "I killed her per my master's orders. You really didn't expect us to trust such an obvious liar, did you?"

"But she wasn't a dragon slayer," said Buffy. "She was -- Wait a minute. Who the heck is your master?"

"I am," said a dark-haired man who just then entered the inn. "Warden Mears is the name. Killing Slayers is my game -- one of them, at least. By the way, nice work so far, Mina and Salome. But since the real dragon slayer has revealed her true identity, you two know what else you need to do."

"Of course, Warden," said the blonde and the brunette.

Then they turned toward Buffy and said, "Any last requests, Slayer?"

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment