Friday, August 14, 2020

Friday Fanfic

Buffy the Dragon Slayer

(An obvious continuation of last week's story)

Chapter Seventeen-Beta

"I should ask you the same question," said Lady Isabel.

"I beg your pardon?" asked Warden Meers.

"Do you have any last requests?" asked Lady Isabel. "Because if you sic your creations on any more people, you're not going to be long for this world yourself."

Warden Meers took one look at Lady Isabel's glowing hands and said, "Stand down, girls."

"But, Warden --" said Mina.

"I said, 'Stand down!'" Warden exclaimed.

"We can take her, Master," said Salome.

"I said, 'Stand down!'" Warden exclaimed again.

"But, Warden..." said Salome.

Oddly enough, the two girls looked like they were going to cry. And yet Buffy could not find it in her heart to feel sorry for him.

Instead she turned towards Warden and said, "Okay, Warden. Why are you here?"

Warden shrugged. "I'm here because me and the girls were hired to be here. Nothing personal."

"Nothing personal?" asked Buffy. "You were just about to have them kill me before Lady Isabel stepped in. And before that, they killed at least three other people in this room."

"So?" asked Warden.

"So?" asked Buffy. "If I were as coldblooded as you, I'd ask Lady Isabel to burn you right now. But right now I don't trust myself so I'll leave it to her to decide your punishment."

Lady Isabel just looked at Warden Meers silently for a long while and then said, "I don't have time to deal with this right now. Come with me to the village jail, Warden, and we'll decide your fate in the morning. In the meantime, we have a dragon to kill."

Warden nodded, bowed his head and held out his arms.

As Lady Isabel walked over to chain him, Warden just smiled and said, "Okay, girls. You know what to do. Kill Lady Isabel."

And as the two girls sprang into action, Buffy cried, "No!"

Then tried to run forward, only to realize that something was grabbing her leg.

That's when she looked down and saw that it was Querida. She was conscious again and she had a crossbow bolt in her hand. A bolt that Querida was thrusting upward in the direction of Buffy's chest.

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment