Friday, June 19, 2020

Friday Fanfic

Buffy the Dragon Slayer

(An obvious continuation of last week's story.)

Chapter Nine-Alpha

Laurel took one look at the creature that used to be Buffy Summerfield and then turned toward Jamie Madigan, the lady who had transformed her friend into a dragon.

"Aren't we supposed to be reducing the number of dragons in this village?" Laurel asked. "I mean, we already have one dragon outside. Did we really need another? And what did you do with Buffy?"

"Buffy is the dragon, you silly," said Jamie.

Then Jamie turned toward the door of the back room they were in.

"It's okay to come in now, Sir Roderick," Jamie called out.

Sir Roderick hurriedly came into the room, only to pause when he saw the dragon.

"Good heavens!" he exclaimed. "How did a dragon get in here?"

Jamie laughed. "Don't you recognize her, Sir Roderick? That dragon is your dragon slayer, Buffy Summerfield. Now she no longer needs to fear death by fire. In fact, now she is the fire."

"Well, you said you were going to turn her into something fireproof," said Sir Roderick. "But I really didn't expect this. Now change her back."

"No time," said Jamie. "She has a dragon to fight, remember? I'll change her back after she's killed the dragon."

"Suppose something happens to you?" asked Sir Roderick.

"Nothing's going to happen to me," said Jamie. "Buffy here is my insurance that you and Laurel won't betray me at the first opportunity. After all, it would be a darn shame if the one person who could change your best dragon slayer back into a human were to, say, end up being drowned in a duck pond or burnt at the stake."

"She has a point," said Laurel.

"Laurel!" cried Buffy.

"Look!" cried Laurel. "The dragon -- er -- I mean, Buffy talks."

"Of course, I talk," said Buffy. "And what's this about a -- Oh my God! My arm. It's a dragon's arm. I've been eaten by a dragon!"

Jamie rolled her eyes. "No, Buffy. You've been turned into a dragon."

"What the fuck, Jamie?" exclaimed Buffy. "Why the hell did you turn me into a dragon? Why not turn me into a rat?"

"Don't tempt me," said Jamie.

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment