Friday, May 8, 2020

Friday Fanfic

Buffy the Dragon Slayer

(An obvious continuation of last week's story.)

Chapter Three

"Oh my God, Sir Roderick!" cried Buffy. "Laurel's right. It is going to rain."

"It's okay, Elizabeth," said Sir Roderick. "You still have your scarf. You can wear that over your hair until we get a chance to get inside."

"I'm not worried about my hair, you ninny!" said Buffy. "And I told you before, it's Buffy, not Elizabeth. Only my mother can get away with calling me Elizabeth. Everyone else has to call me Buffy."

"Well, Buffy, if you're not worried about your hair, then why do you care so much whether or not it's going to rain?" asked Sir Roderick. "It doesn't look like it will be a particularly bad storm."

"Because I'm probably going to have to fight a dragon soon and I can't do that if the rain keeps washing off the magic lotion on my body," said Buffy.

"Oh, right," said Sir Roderick. "I hadn't considered that."

"Perhaps we can mix the lotion with something the rain can't wash off that easily," said Laurel. "Like chicken grease."

"Oh, great!" said Buffy. "The one thing that's going to keep me alive during the dragon fight and you want to risk diluting it with something as flammable as chicken grease. Why not throw me on a bonfire, why don't you?"

"Buffy, there's no point in attacking Laurel just because you don't like her ideas," said Sir Roderick. "She's only trying to help."

"Yes, she's trying," said Buffy. "Very trying."

"Buffy's just upset about this whole imminent death thing," said Laurel. "That surprises me because I read somewhere that all Slayers have a death wish. That death is their gift or their present or else something that looks really good when you see it all wrapped up but once you remove the ribbons and the bows and the paper -- "

"Laurel!" cried Buffy. "Not helping!"

"Well, we're not far from the village where we're supposed to be and there's an inn up ahead," said Sir Roderick. "Why don't we go over there, tie up the animals, and then make preparations for the dragon fight while we wait for the rain to blow over?"

"But how are we supposed to -- " Buffy started to say.

Sir Roderick interrupted. "One problem at a time. First, let's find the stable. Then we'll go inside the inn and discuss this matter. Normally we'd need to prepare for the fight anyway so we might as well do it this way."

"Well, I hope you come up with a solution, Sir Roderick," said Laurel, "because I'd sure hate to lose Buffy and besides, I don't look all that good in black."

"Laurel!" cried Buffy. "Again, not helping!"

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment