Friday, January 10, 2020

Fanfic Friday

“When Kennedy Met Kennedy”

(An edited version of a chapter I wrote for a story on another site.)

"Hi, Buffy," said the latest arrival, a woman who looked remarkably like Willow's girlfriend Kennedy. "What are you doing here? And why do you look like that?"

"I got hit by a curse," said Buffy. "How did you get here, Kennedy?"

The newcomer replied, "Actually, I got this mysterious invitation as well as a special spell that was supposed to -- Hey, that's me!"

The newest arrival pointed to the Kennedy who was already in the room.

Kennedy, in turn, looked at the new arrival and said, "Oh my God! It's my Alternative Universe self!"

"Actually you're my Alternative Universe Self," said the new arrival.

"Whatever," said the original Kennedy. "So are you a vampire too?"

"What do you mean, 'am I a vampire too'?" asked new Kennedy.

"Well, my girlfriend Willow has a vampiric self and Buffy there has a vampiric self," said Kennedy. "So I just figured..."

"No, I'm not," said new Kennedy. "I'm human."

"Oh," said original Kennedy.

"What do you mean 'oh'?" asked new Kennedy.

"I meant 'okay'!" exclaimed original Kennedy.

"Well, you don't have to sound so disappointed about it," said new Kennedy.

"I'm not," said original Kennedy. "It's just that it would have been so cool if I had something more in common with Willow and Buffy."

"I see," said new Kennedy, fumbling in her pockets for something.

"Not that being human isn't cool too," said original Kennedy.

"Thanks for the vote of confidence," said new Kennedy sarcastically.

"No, really," said original Kennedy. "Some of my best friends are human. It's just that things have been so weird tonight..."

"I see," said new Kennedy, still looking for something in her pockets.

Then new Kennedy paused, listened to original Kennedy chatter on about something, then pulled out something out of her pocket and looked at original Kennedy again.

Then new Kennedy thrust a stake at original Kennedy's heart, only to be stopped at the last minute when Buffy grabbed her arm and forced her to drop it.

"Wait a minute!" exclaimed original Kennedy. "You were going to stake me?"

"Of course she was going to stake you," said Buffy.

"But why?" asked original Kennedy.

"Because you're a vampire, stupid," said new Kennedy, still struggling to escape Buffy's grasp.

"You thought I was a vampire?" asked original Kennedy. "Cool!"

No comments:

Post a Comment